- The Praxis page really did not impact me very much. I have already taken my Praxis I tests and passed them all. I took them on the computer in Portland and feel that style of test fit me well. Paper writing tests would be impacted poorly by my poor penmanship.
- The transfer major page made me worry a little bit. Last semester I talked with Kristin and Dr. Martin about the requirements to transfer majors and they told me the G.P.A. was 2.0. The goal for the fall was to get a 4.0 so it would counter my freshman year 11 years ago that had my G.P.A. grossly low. All my transfer classes from colleges while I was in the Air Force are applied to my credits but the G.P.A. does not count as far as UMF is concerned. I got the 4.0 last semester so I am now above a 2.0 but not 2.5. This means I am going to have to go sweet talk someone to let me in the major.
- The practicum page also concerned me about not being able to get in to the practicum the following semester you get accepted into the program. I am not a freshman and really can not afford to let too many semesters pass without knocking out the remaining required courses to get back into the world of work.
- The laptop requirement page makes sense to me as far as UMF wants to make sure all the teachers they pass to the schools of Maine are technically savvy. However living on one income means that laptop is going to be an expense that we did not anticipate, luckily it will not fall at the same time as winter oil bills.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Things I need to know
I read about four important things that UMF Secondary Education majors should know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done. Your concerns are legitimate and disconcerting but I believe we can address most of them. Thanks for your honesty. 4/4
ReplyDelete