Monday, February 22, 2010

How Do I Become A Teacher

The steps to become a teacher are pretty clear to me at this time. There was a homework assignment in this class that was obviously designed to help us learn the formal process of becoming a teacher. After looking up the test requirements and the "highly qualified" requirements for homework, and then talking about what we found in class, I feel confident that I know how to become a teacher in Maine. There was a short time when I was confused about the Principals in Learning Test because I had never heard of it. The in-class discussion taught me that graduating from UMF will take the place of that test and provide everything needed to get the initial Maine teaching certificate. There really is not much else to cover on this topic in class, my suggestion or concern might be to have an interview section. I know when I was hiring employees the people who were comfortable in an interview situation looked head and shoulders better than the nervous people. It is unfortunate to think a good teacher could get passed over because they do not know how to interview. However most students are freshman and really the answers that would be given in an interview will change a lot in the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment